In the last couple of weeks we have covered how to properly pick a niche, how to pick a product to promote and MOST importantly, how to complete keyword research to help with these things. This week we are going to use that keyword research again while purchasing domain names.
Yes, keyword research is also very important to have completed before you purchase your domain name because if you can get your top tier or number 1 keyword phrase in the domain name itself you are jumping even that much further ahead of your competition. Keep in mind that while having the keyword phrase in the domain name does help, it will not break you or make your site a failure if you don’t, so don’t stress out if you already have an established site. Leave the established site alone, simply changing the pages themselves to reflect the keyword phrases (we’ll discuss how to do this in great detail next week) is all you need to do because established sites are always more important that recently purchased sites.
However, if you are purchasing domain names here is what you should be doing:
- Pick your top tier keyword phrase - we chose “tennis coaching videos”
- Go to a domain registrar, such as 1and1.com or any other registrar
- Search for your domain using your keyword phrase and .com
- If name is available, grab it fast!
- If not, then add to the phrase and check again. For example, tenniscoachingvideos.com is taken, so I might look up tenniscoachingvideosonline.com, gettenniscoachingvideos.com, watchtenniscoachingvideos.com, etc. For this example, tenniscoachingvideosonline.com is available, so that would be a greate domain name to choose :)
A couple of things to keep in mind when choosing a domain name are:
- ALWAYS make sure that your top tier keyword phrase is within the domain name EXACTLY how you want it. So for “tennis coaching videos” it needs to be that exact order. You don’t want to purchase, videosfortenniscoaching.com. Yes, the words are still there, BUT the EXACT order is what is important. You can have other words around it, but keep the phrase itself intact.
- As often as possible, choose .com domains, they are easier to rank with. .net and .info are good too, but .com is best when you can get it.
There you have it, now go out and get your domain name for you website and start building it. Next week, we will talk about how to incorporate your keyword phrases onto each page. So make sure you get the site built this week :) If you don’t know how to build a site and would like a system that will walk you through creating video review sites (by far the most powerful type of review sites out there), take a look at my Video Cash Explosion System.
Until next week… keep working, stay consistent, stay focused!!!